Thursday, June 7, 2012

Home made noodles..By Billie

Homemade Noodles

1 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
... 1-2 tbsp. water or milk

Mix together till the ball forms a smooth ball. I like my dough to be kind of soft so it's easy to roll so add more water or milk if it seems too stiff. Roll out to about 1/8" thickness. I use a pizza cutter to cut my noodles to the desired length and width, usually 1/2" wide and 1 1/2" long approximately.

When the noodles are all cut up, I toss them in the bowl and throw some more flour on top of them and toss them with my fingers to be sure every bit of the noodle is covered in flour.

I don't let my noodles set, I cook them as soon as my stock is boiling.

I cook mine with chicken that I've either cooked in the crock pot or boiled. When cooking my chicken I add onions, garlic and lemon pepper to season.

Make some mashed taters and serve with a veggie. YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment