Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Masterpeice .......by Billie Starner-Capps

The other day I just threw together a meal. No recipe, but the family raved about it and I had nothing left over! LOL

I had some boneless skinless chicken breasts and I seared them in a skillet, then cooked them thoroughly.

While the chicken was cooking, I diced up some celery, onion, banana peppers, sweet peppers, green peppers and I sauteed that. Then I added two cups of rice and browned it. I coated the sauteed veggies and rice with about a half a cup of flour, and then added five cups of water. Usually it calls for four cups of water per two cups of rice, but I added extra water to give my rice a gravy effect. I seasoned with lemon pepper, salt, garlic to taste.
...

I diced up two of the chicken breasts as the rice cooked. When the rice was done I added the chicken breasts, a half a cup of Parmesan cheese, and topped off with shredded fiesta blend cheese.

You know it's good when the family licks their plate clean! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment