Thursday, May 31, 2012

An awesome pinterest find i had to share


On weeknight summer evenings, after a long day of work, sometimes my husband and I just sit outside with a glass of wine and some snacks instead of a full dinner.
I love dining al fresco, but hate spending the whole time shoo-ing away bugs from my food instead being in the moment.
I thought of using a washed terracotta pot as a cloche, not just because it’s functional, but also because it’s pretty. A simple piece of rope knotted through the bottom hole acts as a handle. And guess what? Terracotta will retain the head of a hot dish, or keep a cool dip from warming up and drying out. Double awesome.

This is really a project anyone can do, just be sure to wash your old pot really well and have fun with it! (bonus points for cool colored rope or a painted pot!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment