Saturday, May 12, 2012

Homemade furniture cleaner LOVE this one

 . I was thrilled when I found this post for Lemon Dust Cloths at Growing Home.

So here is the recipe...(I love recipes that I already have everything to make it in my pantry!)




1 Cup Vinegar
1 Cup Water
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Lemon Rind
2-3 Microfiber Cloths
Jar with a lid

Directions: Mix the vinegar, water, and oil, in a bowl. Soak your microfiber cloths in the solution, squeeze out excess water, and place in the jar with lemon rinds wrapped around.




I usually make my cloths up in the morning some time and let them set till the afternoon when I am ready to dust. I like to let them sit for a while so they take on that wonderful lemon smell rather, than a strong vinegar smell.

Microfiber cloths are wonderful to use since they are great at trapping dirt and dust. You can pick up a pack of three, wash cloth size, at the Dollar Tree. The olive oil and lemon are wonderful at polishing furniture, wood baseboards and door frames, and even fan blades.

Give it a try! I have been thrilled with the results and the wonderful fresh lemon smell!


Update: I completely forgot to add...don't throw your lemon rinds away after you are done with your cloths! Leave them in your empty jar and add white vinegar, filling it to the top. Screw the lid back on and allow to set for about a week. The result will be lemon infused vinegar which you can then use for your Kitchen & Floor Cleaner and Bathroom Cleaner!

No comments:

Post a Comment