Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home made ice pack

I recieved this awesome find in an email from my auntie..... shes a nurse and told me her kids are like my kids and she needs an ouchy bag,,, I have made two per each kid... and they get used about twice a day..... no kidding!!

Here is what you will need:


  • 1 quart size Ziploc Freezer bag (Double zip will protect best against leaks)
  • 1 9 oz bottle dish soap
  • 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol



The next part is a cinch! Combine the ingredients in the bag, squeeze out as much air as possible, and zip the bag securely shut. The bag should be no more than 3/4 full. Pop it into the freezer overnight, and it will be ready for action by morning. That’s it! The combination of liquid soap and rubbing alcohol will not completely solidify in the freezer. I have best results when I lay mine flat. This way it’s always the perfect “temperature.” It is very pliable within a few minutes. If you stand the Ziploc upright, you’ll end up with a “block” ice cube, which is too solid I dont like the block one i like to lay it flat more easy to work with for me and the boys.. Any dish soap will work. Make an ice pack in every color!

No comments:

Post a Comment